Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday's Seven

I belong to a book club and I didn't even bother getting last months book to read. It was The Book of Awesome.

It's loaded with the little things in life that are, well, awesome. Things like being the first dip into a new jar of peanut butter, or when it's raining and sunny at the same time. Both are awesome and I'm sure there is lots in there that I'd agree with, but I think life is pretty awesome already. I look around every day and see the awesomeness around me. There is a blog that you can check out if you are in need of a little reminding.

But here's my Sunday Seven:

1. Day Camps - the kids had a great time this week at their camps. They made some new friends, learned how to do some cool things, played new games and we all got some time away from each other so our time together was that much sweeter.

2. Chats with old Friends - I keep being reminded how happy I am that I went to my reunion last weekend. So many people had remained friends since they met 25 or more years ago and are still in each others lives. I still have my bff from high school and we've had a great friendship for 25 years.  Facebook has really helped me to reconnect with others too and catch up even further with each other. It's been a tremendous gift.

3. Fabulous Finds - I love thrift store shopping. I find so many fabulous things for my home, clothes for the kids, and I just look at everything and imagine the story of it's life. Like how many batches of cookies a woman made in a simple glass mixing bowl. I'm nostalgic like that.

4. Music - I've gotten back to having music playing in my home a lot more. I find it soothes my soul, calms or lifts my spirit (depending on what is needed), or sends me singing and dancing around my house.

5. Speech Therapy Successes - I've spent a lot of hours working with my kids on speech. Don't know the causes, but both have had speech difficulties. Talking to Morgan, you'd never know that he dropped sounds out of words until he was about 4 yrs old. Tess speaks only with front sounds, so it's been difficult to understand her too, but after so many months of hard work, this week, we're finally hearing the proper sounds in so many of her words. It makes my heart smile and I can tell she's so proud too.

6. Oprah Re-runs - I used to watch Oprah regularly, then I became a mom and the content wasn't always appropriate or Rolie Polie Olie trumped her, so I stopped watching. I had regretted not making an effort to PVR and watch her 25th and final season, but the episodes are re-airing and I'm loving watching them when I have some time to. So many ah-ha moments and reminders of living my best life. Thank you Oprah.

7. Simple Summer Meals - nothing better than a piece of grilled chicken over a yummy salad of mixed greens, goat cheese, berries and spiced pecans.

2 comments:

blog said...

The functionality of Microsoft outlook 2010, you can use it to send and receive email, manage your contacts, diary, scheduling, allocation of tasks. In Microsoft outlook 2010 download, the Ribbon replaces the menu in the main Outlook window.Also, you can customize the Ribbon, so that you can personalize custom tab in order to better meet your work style.

Blogerki said...

http://blogerki666.blogspot.com/

 
Designed by Lena